Menu
Wendy9
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel home phone service

How do I cancel my home phone service ? 
I’ve tried using The Virtual Assistant , the App which takes me round in circles and only offers the option to upgrade ! Also sat on phone waiting for someone to answer -which they never do !

ive tried the webpage /package change link - it takes me back to where I started.

I am paying for a service I no longer use or need . I only kept it because my elderly dad used to phone me on it . He has recently died and it’s an expense I cannot afford .

Can anyone please help ? It’s impossible to contact anyone at Virgin media . 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I cancel home phone service

Yes you can disconnect the phone. But if you think it will save you a lot of money, think again.

VMs bundles are weighted on the principle of the more services you have, the more discount you get. If you drop the landline you would have to renegotiate the other services you have, as the landline will be integral & not an add-on to your current bundle. Its inevitable the cost of your other services will rise as a result, & you will also lose any legacy packages (eg. Full House TV) which will be replaced by their current equivalents.

This is also the reason you cannot downgrade online. You need to ring 150 free from your Virgin phone (something you will also lose by dropping the landline, as a call to VM from other providers lines are chargeable).

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wendy9
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel home phone service

Thanks for the helpful info . 
if I could even get to speak to someone at Virgin media  on the phone It would help . 
I suspect they would try & hike up the price for other services but I’d like to be able to discuss this . 
I wouldn’t lose free calls to them as I have Virgin Mobile - so luckily calls to them will remain free . I guess I’ll just have to keep ringing ! 
It’s hopeless trying to get Customer Service imo . 

0 Kudos