Menu
Eric_Pode
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

House phone to Superhub 3

Hello,
I currently have a Superhub 3 and Virgin Media landline (and a Virgin Set-top box), all fed from a cable network from the street via an external brown box.
I wish to plug in an additional landline in the study ( where the router is) using the telephone ports in the rear.
I've plugged my house phone in but have no dialtone, how do I set it up? I wish to retain the current port downstairs.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: House phone to Superhub 3

if your phone line comes in by the old cable and not the hub you can;t use the phone lines on the hub.

Why not try a cordless phone with 2 or more handsets. you won't need a line in the study then
0 Kudos
Eric_Pode
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying so quickly. I currently have a dual cordless/answerphone setup for my landline, but I gave a legacy phone on my desk that I would like to connect.

I have one cable coming into the property for all services, it was Diamond Cable, then ntl, then Virgin.

The brown box splits into three - Virgin Media box, Router, and Landline therefore I have no 'old' cable as such. My BT landline got ditched when we got cable.

Shame I can't get the ports working, I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way with an extension cable. Pass me the IDC tool someone!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM are gradually migrating customers from the old POTS twisted pair network over to the next generation hub based VoIP system.

But you cant use both at the same time. One will replace the other.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos