cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible situation with landline and customer services

Ekdp
Joining in

Hello,

My parents, who are in their 80s and rely on their home phone considerably, are unable to make outgoing calls.  I rang Virgin on their behalf over a week ago and was told it was because their landline needed to be 'migrated to the hub'. They received no notification of this. Their outbound calls simply stopped working.

The person I eventually spoke to last week made an appointment for an engineer to come out a week later. The engineer didn't turn up.

I rang again and was told there was no record of this appointment and they would text me with a new one. No text has arrived. I asked to escalate my issue, but was told I could only raise a complaint via the website (which can take up to 30 days). Even if I get an appointment, it could be ages and they could just not turn up.

I'm pretty distressed. Virgin have left my elderly parents without a vital means of communication for health and other purposes, without any warning, and are now not helping to fix the issue. My parents are slightly techno-phobe and don't use a mobile phone. It's impossible to get anyone to call me or help me to resolve this. If anyone could suggest any route to speaking to someone urgently, I would really appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ekdp 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that your parents have been without their landline service, I can certainly understand the frustration, especially with the engineer visit not taking place as promised 😔

I'll certainly be happy to assist you with this, I'll send you a PM to confirm the details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules