Menu
delclaygate
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phoneline on Hub3

I recently upgraded my broadband and now have a Superhub 3.  Does anyone know if it is possible to have my telephone line moved to my hub so it is VoIP?

Derek

0 Kudos
Vmtech1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phoneline on Hub3

Hi there,

Yes we as engineers are actively trying to switch to voc on all hub 3s,

Unfortunately this cannot be carried out at present as there are no back office staff to carry out the switch.

The grey tel port at the top. ... tel 1 becomes active so you may require a dongle to help the cross over to you handset.

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@delclaygate wrote:

I recently upgraded my broadband and now have a Superhub 3.  Does anyone know if it is possible to have my telephone line moved to my hub so it is VoIP?

Derek

You can't actively request it at the moment. Virgin Media will move existing home phone customers over to the Hub based line where there is need to do so because of a fault with any existing separate phone line. And new home phone customers will have it activated on the Hub.

However for all other customers there is no need to move yet. There is currently no real difference between the Hub based lines and the older separate home phone service, apart from how it gets into your home.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
delclaygate
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, some time ago I was having some work done in my attic and my phone line has been disconnected somewhere along the route, rather than try and find the break I thought it might be easier to move to the hub.  I will wait until business as usual returns (!) and make a request then.

Thanks for both responses - very helpful.

Derek

0 Kudos