cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

Valco213
Joining in

Why is my home phone still not working after nearly a week. Not able to find out anything without being able to speak to a human being.

Can I cancel my contract without penalties because the lack of service

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happened when you called 0345 454 111 from a mobile to report the fault?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Valco213,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that your landline service is still not working.

I can see that you have been advised that there was an area outage that was impacting your services. I was able to look into our systems and I can see that the outage estimated fix time has been extended slightly. 

The outage Fault number is F009708923 and the current estimated fix time is today Thursday 24/03/22 at 20:05.

Please reboot your Hub after this time to see if your landline services come back online. I do apologise that you've been impacted by this fault and I can assure you that our team are working hard to have this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. 

You can look into our Automatic Compensation Scheme for more information if you've been impacted by this fault for more than 48 hours as you may be entitled to compensation. Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I got a recorded message saying that there was a problem with phones in the 9XD postcode .They had located the problem and we're trying hard to fix it. Unable to speak to any human being.

Because of the outage and not being able to speak to a human being I have been unable to register for the compensation scheme for nearly a week. What am I supposed to do.

Have rebooted the hub 02.30 am Friday 25th still no change same recorded message on 03454541111 from my mobile. The non existent virgin media customer service has caused me as a vulnerable old age pensioner considerable hardship. As a result I have to switch providers quickly but as I am on a contract until December In the circumstances I don't feel I should have to pay cancellation charges.

Hi Valco213, thank you for returning to update us. Sincerest apologies that you are still experiencing a loss of service due to the area outage. Sadly this has been extended until today at 10am. I do hope that it is resolved at this time for you! 

Regarding your concerns about compensation, when you have a total loss of service and report this to us (via phone, service checker, or known outage) you are covered within our auto-compensation scheme. 

As you have expressed dissatisfaction with your experience we will also raise a complaint for you, to take any additional feedback you may have about your experience, and we are able to investigate further. I will send you a PM to take a few details and complete this for you. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can then return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible. 

All the best!

Molly