Menu
JimC41
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

Our home phone is now connected directly to router. Does this mean that we will no longer have to pay line rental to BT

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone

Are you still a BT customer or are you a VM customer?

BT lines operate through BT (Openreach) sockets. VM phone lines operate through VM phone sockets unless you are a new customer or are otherwise migrated to the 21CV hub based lines.

If you have just transferred from BT to VM you can port your BT number onto the hub based line & therefore close your BT account.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JimC41
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am a VM customer, had problem with phone and engineer came out and upgraded, hub and now phone is connected to hub. So do we still pay line rental? 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JimC41

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your landline and line rental.

Customers using our landline services are always charged line rental - whether they are plugged into the Hub or plugged into the wall socket. The service you are paying for is the ability to make and receive calls on your home phone, regardless of what your home phone device is plugged into.

Hope this helps!

Serena

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@JimC41 wrote:

I am a VM customer, had problem with phone and engineer came out and upgraded, hub and now phone is connected to hub. So do we still pay line rental? 

Yes, you do.

The difference is you are now using the same wire to connect your phone as you do your Broadband. In a way it is now the same as BT as they have always used the same wire for both. Your phone also still connects to a telephone exchange at the other end, it is not VoIP based.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos