Menu
AD2
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

I’m looking for help here. My elderly Aunt and Uncle cannot receive calls on their home phone. When calling 150 to report this my uncle was asked for a package number. Does anyone know what this is and where they would find this. I would appreciate urgent responses as I cannot find an email address for me to email Virginon their behalf 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone

Hi @AD2,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear that your Aunt and Uncle are having issues receiving calls on their home phone.

Are they able to call out?

In regards to being asked for a package number, I'm assuming this will have been the account number. 

Have they tried diagnosing the fault here ? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@AD2 wrote:

I’m looking for help here. My elderly Aunt and Uncle cannot receive calls on their home phone. When calling 150 to report this my uncle was asked for a package number. Does anyone know what this is and where they would find this. I would appreciate urgent responses as I cannot find an email address for me to email Virginon their behalf 

Can't help with what a 'package number' is but some further questions would be ...

Have they been existing VM customers whose phone has stopped receiving calls?

Or are they new customers who have just started using VM?

Does their phone connect to the back of the VM hub to receive the landline service or is it via a normal telephone wall socket?

0 Kudos
AD2
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi they don’t have internet. They can call out as stated in email above as they called 150 and also called me to ask for help

0 Kudos
AD2
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s connected via a wall box 

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Am assuming that 'they don't have internet' means they don't subscribe to broadband rather than their broadband connection is not working.

And assuming then that they are existing customers, not new, next suggestions would be ...

Making sure that they are plugging into the master socket to test for an incoming call (to eliminate any issues with home extension wiring)

Making sure that the ringer on the phone itself is turned on and volume turned up (quite easy to silence the ringer on some phones with a button push)

Trying another handset (borrowed from a friend/family/neighbour if possible) and testing that with an incoming call when plugged into the master socket (to eliminate a fault with the existing phone).

If they are able to log in to 'My Virgin Media' as suggested by @Ayisha_B that will let them check the service status to see if there is a general fault in the area and run a test on the line which may identify if there is a fault.

After that they will have tried most things that they can reasonably do themselves.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AD2,  How is your Aunt's landline today? If you still need help and if you have their details I'll send you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
AD2
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t heard anything from them yet but what details do you need....I have their account number and home telephone number 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll send you a private message. 

0 Kudos