Menu
Sonny123
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

My old home phone won’t work on the virgin hub do I need a adaptor to make it work 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home phone

Yes.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Sonny123 . Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues using your landline.  Can I ask if this was a manned install and not a self install?  If so, did the engineer confirm a ringtone before leaving?  And is your phone/handset a 'BT' handset or an independent make?

Regards

Lee_R

Sonny123
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

Hi Lee it is a independent phone and a self install phone rings twice then cuts off tryied it on another phone through the white box and works fine 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry.  When you say "white box"  are you referring to a traditional phone socket? 

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
Sonny123
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

Yes Lee a normal box like bt but when I connect to the hub it rings twice then goes off that’s why I think I need a adaptor which one thou 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Sonny123.

The Hub should have an adaptor with it to use telephone handsets, if it's a different handset to the universal connection then you'd need to query with the type of handset you have. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Sonny123
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes like the b box but when I put it in the hub it don’t worry right just rings twice then cuts of 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And is the socket in question a Virgin Media socket?  Or is it associated with a former provider? If it is a Virgin Media socket, then it would mean that your account is still set to be as an original style phone service and not the VOIP.  In which case I would recommend continuing to use your phone in the socket until such time as your service is converted out of necessity.  As the change will ultimately take place at some point.  

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Sonny123
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok think I will do thanks for your time Lee 

@Lee_R wrote:

And is the socket in question a Virgin Media socket?  Or is it associated with a former provider? If it is a Virgin Media socket, then it would mean that your account is still set to be as an original style phone service and not the VOIP.  In which case I would recommend continuing to use your phone in the socket until such time as your service is converted out of necessity.  As the change will ultimately take place at some point.  

Regards

Lee

@Lee_R wrote:

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos