Menu
drb5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

I have no home phone line again!!?? This happened a few weeks ago and the system said there was no problem in our area. It started again after several days. No explanation from Virgin who are virtually impossible to get hold of.

0 Kudos
JohnCW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone

Same here today (13/5/2020)

Done the merry go round of checking everything via the web and virtual assistant.

0 Kudos
drb5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have done the merry go round. It said there is no problem in the area. The phone stopped working again on 18/5 and still not working am of 19/5!!!
I am not going to pay a fortune on my mobile to try and speak to someone, unless Virginmedia would like to pay the bill??
This is an unreliable service and I may be forced to go back to BT —- less of the evils!!
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello drb5

Thanks for your post and I apologise for the various issues you're having with your Telephone connection.
Upon looking at things from over here, I can see that is says a fault on the line. This will require an engineer visit to fix.
I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  Please find the appointment time slot via your online account. This can be cancelled and rearranged from there if needed.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
drb5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gareth , So an engineer came on Friday mid afternoon, got the phone working by doing some rewiring at a box down the road. Came back and tested it - 5 hours later the phone line has died again!!! I have messaged the 2 telephone numbers that were used by Virgin media to contact me - no response!!!! This is hopeless .

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi drb5,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear your phone line isn't working again, I will be more than happy to arrange for the technician to return, I have checked our end and cannot see any issues at all, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can arrange this with you, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

drb5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where is the purple envelope?
0 Kudos