Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Home phone

Hello, we had Virgin media installed on Wednesday March 25 with our BT phone number transferred over, however, although we’ve got a dialling tone we are unable to make or receive calls. Have contacted Virgin but unable to get through to speak to an agent. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone

are you still plugged into the BT socket or virgin ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, are you plugged directly into a wall socket or your modem?

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

Is the phone handset plugged into the adapter in TEL1 port at the top on the back of the hub? Sometimes the number port process can take up to 24 hours so a tech will leave your phone plugged into your old master socket (the box, usually white, on the interior wall) and advise the number will move across in the next 24 hours and you will then need to plug the line into the Hub via the adapter

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Plugged into BT socket. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for replying

You will need to plug it into the adapter in the back of the Hub unless the tech who visited you has wired from the hub back into your BT socket which is unlikely unless you requested it when they visited.

Hope this helps

Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jake, the phone is plugged into BT socket on wall. The technician did advise it would take up to 24 hours for number to port across. We have a dialling tone but no calls in/out. He didn’t advise us we had to do anything else. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m sure this is a daft question, however, after I plug adaptor into back of Hub does it remain there?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The setup should look like this the adapter may be black like in the picture or white it plugs directly in to TEL port 1 then your phones line cord plugs into it

21CV adapter.jpg

Hope this helps

Jake

Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos