cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone - when did it go dead?

vginforum
Dialled in

My landline is not working. The status page says they are working on it and it should be back by 1600 today, Thursday (!)

Is there any way I can find out how long it has been out? I was expecting a call from my GP on Wednesday morning and heard nothing. I didn't realise the line was dead until I tried to make a call on Wednesday night.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello vginforum,

Apologies for the landline issues and inconvenience caused, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forum. 

Is the fault reported here with an estimated fix time matching the one you have been given? 

Rob

Just an update. The phone is now back on in the last hour. Last received call (according to 1471) was on Monday

The link you gave seems to be for broadband, my problem was with a landline phone. Now sorted.

But I'd still like to know if I can find out when the problem STARTED so I know if my GP was unable to call or just didn't bother.

Thanks for the update vginforum, we're pleased to hear this has now been resolved and apologise for any inconvenience caused. If the issue was reported on the Service Status page it will have been an area issue and not directly linked to your services but impacting them.

Rob