Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone - voip - Location

hello,  when i switched over to Virgin two years ago, the phone was voip so into the back of the router.

At the time I had new handsets - -- all worked perfectly - apart form the range...because the location of the router vs the location of the study, furthest points form each other.

This has not been a huge issue - apart from no phone signal in the study - but now we are WFH - it is becoming an issue.

What options do I have to run an extension from the router ?

Can it network into my old sockets in the house ?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone - voip - Location

Hi, yes it can link into the original sockets in the house, you will have to disconnect the old feed into the master socket first though to prevent it from back-feeding the hub.  

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - thats interesting.   I am not sure thats the route to go down as will need to run a cable for 20 metres to get to the master socket.  

Are there any range extenders for handsets from base stations anyone is aware of ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or could i run a simple telephone extension wire from the router to a more suitable location for my phone base station ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there anigelcook, you can try that for VOIP phones. The only other thing I can think of which may not be ideal and will incur a £99 charge is a Hub relocation.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos