cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone voicemail

Helenellie
Joining in

When I dial 1571 it says my mailbox is disabled. I haven't knowingly changed any settings since last time it worked a few weeks ago other than having my phone unplugged for a couple of weeks. I have spoken to 150 twice and they haven't been able to fix it. Second time they sent and engineer who just told me it isn't a virgin media problem, but there is no voicemail setting on the hardware and the voicemail disabled message on 1571 is a virgin media message so I don't understand how it could be anything but a VM problem. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Helenellie,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with 1571 and the disabled message.

From experience it has probably been a fault with the local telephone exchange.

Its an easy fix, we just remove it completely then re add it again.

It can take up to 48 hours to be fixed though
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the same error and so have several others on here. I called customer support numerous times (like yourself) to try and get it fixed but they all do the "I fix it, reboot and try in a day or two" line and they never do anything. If it is supposedly such a simple fix, it is a shame customer support haven't been told about it. I've never had it before though and according to moderators because my phone is through the hub, they cannot change the number of ring tones before it kicks in or whether it kicks in when the internet isn't working and they cannot tell me how many rings it will be so it sounds like it might be more trouble than its worth and probably just as much effort turning it off again if it proves not suitable, especially as my contract thankfully ends soon. I only wanted it so callers can leave a message when the internet isn't working and powercuts etc instead of them just getting disconnected without it even ringing. Good luck though, hope you get some success eventually.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I do apologise that you've had some issues with extending your landline call tone before your Voicemail starts.

Are you experiencing some issues with your Voicemail at the moment? Is there anything we can do to help? Let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I get a recorded message "voicemail is disabled" when I dial 1571. There are no options, tells me to call 150 which has been done numerous times without resolution. An answer to some of the questions I have asked, would be good. 1. Why can customer support not fix it, even though they tell me they will and they refuse to escalate it. I have tried 150 as directed and also 151. 2. Confirmation number of rings cannot be changed if telephone via the hub, as moderators have stated. 3. How many rings before it kicks in, if it cannot be changed 4. Does voicemail kick in when a call cannot be taken due to internet not working or a powercut.(Or will it still do what it does now and simply cuts off the caller) Would also be nice to know why you provide an online chat option that never works or simply tells you to do a whatapp (that many people do not use), or why you have an online complaint form that just fobs you off with an automated bot reply and then closes itself with no means of updating it. Both of which have also been used in an unsuccessful attempt to resolve the above issue, simply resulting in frustration and time wasted. However I won't hold by breath on those. thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear you're also receiving this error message when dialling the Voicemail line. This is something that can be resolved with the agent you speak with when calling us. If the issue resolves, this could be an alternative underlying issue causing the problem.

Your phone will redirect to Voicemail after 10 full rings. Our Online Chat option leads you to speak with an agent unless selecting specific options which provide you with self-care options. The online complaint form also only raises the complaint, which our team then aims to resolve within 28 days, as per our Code of Practice.

So I can assist you further in the problem you're facing, I'm going to PM you. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

I've tried to PM you to discuss this further, but it looks like you currently have PMs disabled. So we can assist you further with this, can you please switch PMs back on in your Account Settings?

If you're not happy to switch them back on, please call our team on 0345 454 1111 so our team can investigate further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
>>Our Online Chat option leads you to speak with an agent unless selecting specific options which provide you with self-care options<< In my experience there are NO options leading to an agent and believe me, I have tried all options many times. As have many others it seems that are making the same complaints on a daily basis. >>. The online complaint form also only raises the complaint, which our team then aims to resolve within 28 days, as per our Code of Practice.<< I used the complaint form because rebooting did not work and customer support could not help and I wanted to escalate it. I received an email telling me to reboot the box and call customer support and it was closed and they assumed I was happy. There was no way to reopen it. However, this is all clearly pointless and I have nothing more to say on the matter. Bye..

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry you feel this way, I appreciate your frustration in regards to the problem and I'm more than happy to look into this and help. In regards to the complaint, we would only close this if we haven't heard back, or if a new complaint has been opened whilst a previous one (relating to the same problem) is open.

If you would like me to look into this for you, please re-enable your PMs and let me know and I'll send a message over.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team