cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone upgrade to fibre

Singer2
Joining in

I have my hub upstairs and home phone downstairs, neither of which I want to move.

I've just spoken to the call centre who do not know how to resolve this issue other than to get a technician out.

The upgrade is taking place in my area on 25th Feb however I have been informed that the earliest technician appointment will be 30th March, meaning I will be unable to make outgoing calls for a period of 5 to 6 weeks!

Can someone please try to resolve this issue for me. - I would also be interested to know if Virgin really expect the majority of customers to have their hub and phone next to each other? We have had our equipment in the same position for over 20 years and if something cannot be sorted very soon I will be looking to change provider.

Thanks in advance

Paul Singleton 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

There is no other option but to get a technician out to you.

Although I'm sure that VM would most certainly like all of their customers to move their phones next to the hub as that would be by far easier and cheaper for them, they are obliged to come out and run extra wiring between where the phone is now ad where the hub is. In this way the phone is connected to the hub (and that bit isn't negotiable, it's the way it has to work now), albeit via a long extension cable!

Depending on the layout of your house, it may be possible to run this externally, roughly following the paths that the existing phone wires and coax cables take.

The delay in getting someone out to you does sound a bit excessive, you wouldn't be able to receive calls as well as make them if the switchover takes place anyway but the phone isn't connected - hopefully a member of the forum team here who are VM employees may be able to sort out an earlier one.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Singer2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the delay with the appointment, we will do all we can to help. 

I would like to take a look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat