cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switchover

Kaab1831
Joining in

Hi, I’m new to this so hopefully someone can answer my question ……I’ve had the letters informing me of the changes for 7th November when they are sending me an adapter!!  My question is I don’t have a landline phone,  only use mobiles,  do I need to anything?  I’ve tried calling Virgin but can never seem to get anyone to answer my question.  
what will happen if I just do nothing at the time?
thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kaab1831,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Even though you don't use your landline, it may form part of your current package.

If this is the case, you will need to follow the instruction sent out to you when the switchover takes place otherwise your phone services may be disconnected, and this will alter your package price.

You do not need to use the landline after the switch; however you will need to change this over when the time comes to keep your current package the same.

If you require the landline to be disconnected as you do not use this part of your service, you can speak to our retentions team about this to see what alternative package deals we have minus your landline.

We do have to advise that sometimes having all 3 services means you get a better discount, so you may end up paying more for less services if you decide to cancel this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you pay for a landline as part of your VM package (but just don't make any use of it)?

Kaab1831
Joining in

I think so,  yes it is included 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kaab1831,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Even though you don't use your landline, it may form part of your current package.

If this is the case, you will need to follow the instruction sent out to you when the switchover takes place otherwise your phone services may be disconnected, and this will alter your package price.

You do not need to use the landline after the switch; however you will need to change this over when the time comes to keep your current package the same.

If you require the landline to be disconnected as you do not use this part of your service, you can speak to our retentions team about this to see what alternative package deals we have minus your landline.

We do have to advise that sometimes having all 3 services means you get a better discount, so you may end up paying more for less services if you decide to cancel this.

Kind regards Jodi.