cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switchover

tjaleo
Joining in

Hello,

I was having some problems with crackling in the line and rang 150.  The agent has sent me a switchover adaptor but on connecting I can get no signal.  Please can you confirm the date for switchover in Suffolk - I have received no communication and wasn’t even aware this was happening.  Many thanks, Tessa

13 REPLIES 13

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tjaleo 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Home Switchover issues. We are sorry you are having issues with your self migration, we do not have an exact date for your area in question, it is tailored to the customers individual requirements. Have you followed all instructions on this handy link 👉 21CV

The guide should be able to assist you and diagnose. If you are still facing issues after this, please do reach back out to us and we can look into it further for you.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina

Tried connecting phone using the adapter and wire you sent, but no phone line.  I haven’t received a letter from you so maybe I’m jumping ahead.  I followed the instructions as sent but there is no connection as yet - message on my phone read “check phone line”.  I’m reconnected to the old wall socket now.  

Hey @tjaleo 👋.

Thanks for getting back to me. And how is everything back in the old socket, is it still crackling?

For the jumping ahead part, that is fine, when a customer calls in we have the ability to bring the switchover forward by sending out the adapter.

Let me know if it is still crackling.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina

crackling on the old socket has stopped-  I did wonder if the amount of rain we’ve had was affecting things.  I’ll come back to you if it should start again.  

Once switch over formally starts I’m ready.  I have one phone upstairs that runs off the base unit so hopefully that won’t be affected.  Both phones are cordless and digital.  Thanks. Tessa. 

Hi @tjaleo 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch. So glad the crackling has gone 🤩. The weather can play a part, thankfully we should be fine weather wise going forward. 

We can revisit the switchover again at any point, now that you have mentioned you have 2 lines, lets keep an eye on that. It should not be affected. Let us know when you would like to have another bash at it, and we shall be here. 

Sabrina

Lovely, thanks a lot Sabrina! 

Hi Sabrina, unfortunately the crackling has returned.  I don’t want to buy new phones in case it’s the line.  Any suggestions please? 
Tessa

Hi @tjaleo 

Sorry to hear that your landline is still crackling. 

Does the crackling happen when you're just on calls or do you also hear the crackling with the dial tone as well? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

This weird Carley, last call I had half an hour ago was clear.  Sometimes it’s when I’m taking a call and other times it’s when I’m dialling out. Any ideas? 

Tessa