cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switchover - technician free?

Homephone11
Tuning in

Good morning,

I received email re landline switch.  

I don't have a mobile

I need emergency phone

The recommendation is to book a technician to install a back-up: does VM charge for a technician?

I'll have to put my corded landline upstairs next to the hub. 

So I wonder if I have a cordless phone - would I plug this into the wall to charge the phone and use the adapter to plug into the hub - and be able to keep an extension of the cordless phone downstairs?  I don't know if this is correct as have never had a cordless phone before.  Thank you in advance for kind replies.

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Homephone11, and welcome back!

The engineer would be free of charge for this request and we would be able to either relocate the hub for you, or discreetly run wires from the hub to the designated points for your landline phone(s)

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and I can get the ball rolling on getting this arranged for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn

What do I select in the envelope to connect with you in PM please.

Anyone?

Hey @Homephone11, if you click on the envelope this will open up your Forums inbox, within that you should have a message from me to respond to

Thanks,

David_Bn

Homephone11
Tuning in

'Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and I can get the ball rolling on getting this arranged for you'

How?  What do I select from the envelope please.  I also want to enquire if the installation of the emergency phone is free?

Installation of the emergency phone would be free, but it does have to be connected to the hub directly, so in your case it would have to be upstairs, unless you are willing for VM to move the hub downstairs, which may or may not cause WiFi performance issues.

In terms of cordless (DECT) phones, you would purchase them with one, two or three extensions depending on your needs.

The ‘master’ unit would be plugged into the mains and also connected to the hub. The satellite extensions only need mains power to keep them charged and can go anywhere without having to be connected to the hub.