cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switchover appointment change

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Hi there,

Had a text this morning booking an engineer switchover appointment. The appointment date that has come through (Tuesday between 8 and 1) is no good so I need to change this. The website says to use the virgin app to do this, but the appointment only appears on the website (the app says I have no appointments booked!). Does anyone know if there is there any way of doing this online or do I have to sit on the VM phone hold system again?

Thanks
VMC911

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting in touch VMC9110, this is a genuine message but please ignore it as there is nothing that needs to be looked into, everything is still set for the date that we agreed over private message. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey VMC9110,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your appointment date, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Thanks Steven, I have replied to the private message Cheers VMC911

VMC9110
On our wavelength

1st text arrived yesterday, now got a reminder. The text command CHANGE does not work, also I cannot change it via the online link. Please help.

virgin media switchover text.pngswitchover ppp.pngSwitchover txt reminder.png

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Got another similar reminder at 16.34 today. Replied CHANGE. But still cannot change this appointment. Please help us sort this. Thanks VMC9110

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Update: One of the Forum Team has sorted this for us. Tomorrow's appointment has been cancelled and rearranged for a suitable slot. 😀

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Update:  I have now received this text from 07445576718. Internet forums are warning  this is a SCAM pretending to be Virgin, trying to obtain personal details and passwords. Virgin's previous genuine texts were coming from 07828563699. Please can someone confirm if this a genuine message from Virgin.

Virgin text 20230704-1033.png

Thanks for getting in touch VMC9110, this is a genuine message but please ignore it as there is nothing that needs to be looked into, everything is still set for the date that we agreed over private message. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Update: I have now received this text from 07828563699. Please can someone confirm if this a mistake, really need to keep to the arranged appointment for Weds 12th, as this is for a vulnerable customer who I need to support during the engineer's visit.

Thanks VMC9110

Text recd 10-7-23.png

Please ignore that message VMC9110, the visit is still for the same date and time as agreed with Steven. Apologies for the confusion caused.

Rob