Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Home phone - switched to router connection - no dial tone, no in/outcoming calls

Switchover date was 04/11/2020. Executed the switch today.

No dial tone, no in/outcoming calls.

Have rebooted router multiple times ... have run router diagnostics - they say phone "system" is ready. Have tried with two different sets of cordless handsets - no joy.

Any help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone - switched to router connection - no dial tone, no in/outcoming calls

Thanks for the post Jb2002 and welcome to our community. 

We'd need you to try an alternative corded handset if possible? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone - switched to router connection - no dial tone, no in/outcoming calls

Emily

Thanks - I don't have a corded handset.

Is there an issue successfully using cordless home phones in this new set-up? Seems a bit of a fundamental flaw to the system to me ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Could the router to home phone adapter be faulty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There isnt any issues showing on our side so I'm curious as to if the handsets may be at fault as we can't test them with a secure connection such as a wire. 

I can book an engineer appointment for you but if it ends up being the handset it may risk charges.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

This afternoon I verified that my cordless handsets are working by connecting them up at a neighbour's home. I then borrowed a working corded handset from my neighbour and connected it to my router - no dial tone, etc. I rebooted my router with the corded handset connected - no dial tone, etc. I re-ran router diagnostics with the corded handset connected - all systems ready.

Could the adapter between the router and the phone be faulty? I am willing and able to try a replacement adapter, before involving an engineer call-out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @jb2002 

We should be able to arrange this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that I am able to get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing me that information via PM. 

I have reached out to an area field manager and asked them to assist me with getting a replacement adapter out to you. 

As soon as I hear any more ill reach out once again. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos