cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switch problem

Jexter99
Joining in

Like many Virgin customers I am unable to connect my home phone to the router as they on separate sides of the house and I cannot  run a cable between the two. I have talked to Customer Services about this who said that they would arrange an engineer to come out and check the options, and  that I would get an email to confirm this. However, it's been a few days and still no email.

I don't really use a land line any more, and just use a mobile phone, so why don't Virgin Media just give a slight discount to users who don't really want a land line ? However, if I have to pay for one, I want VM to provide a service that works. It has been fine for years, so I don't feel that you can take the service away or charge me extra to move the phone / router points. I also don't see why I would have to pay out to buy a new phone just to make the land line work. Come on VM, how about some consideration for your customers!! 

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jexter99, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Generally, it can be dearer to exclude a landline as some of our discounts are only available, when you have all three of our services together - sometimes more means less!

We shouldn't be charging you extra in order to send a technician to you in order to make sure your landline works with the new set up though, so I do apologise if you've been advised this.

If you'd like me to look into this further, and book a visit in for you (if one isn't already), please reply to me here and we'll take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Customer Services said that they would get a visit booked and I would get an email, but I have not. If you can help me get an engineer booked that would be great.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi @Jexter99, thanks a lot for you reply and confirmation.

I'm sending you a PM now asking you to confirm some further details and we'll take things from there.

Please expect this PM to arrive in a minute and respond directly!

Many thanks

Tom_W