Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone swap

dibberly
Dialled in

Hi All

strange scenario here.

My old house where i used to live I have a VM contract that supplies a broadband & home phone package but now i have no use for the broadband but would like to keep the phone number. I have been told that if i cancelled the BB that i will also loose the phone number as it comes down the same line (so im guessing its some kind of VOIP)

Could this number be swapped to another VM account with broadband and loose the number i currently have there?

Or is it a matter of saying goodbye to my virgin contract all together as im not going to pay for BB when i dont want it just to keep the old phone number?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey dibberly,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
You can keep your telephone line on a telephone only package and keep your original number on that package, you would still need a hub to be connected in your home but it would just be purely for the telephone line and not connected up for broadband.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steve

i was told if i cancelled the broadband that i would loose the phone line as well!!

Will give them another try

Thanks

Hi dibberly.

Please let us know how you get on when you call us.

Gareth_L