Menu
ElbuntosDad
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone problem

I recently moved from Virgin to NOW TV (Virgin too expensive!). I ported the landline with no problem but since then four of our friends are unable to reach us. They get no ringing tone. 

The one thing they appear to have in common is that they are all Virgin customers. We have no problem phoning out. Any comments?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone problem

Hi @ElbuntosDad

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline, we can try and help as best as we can. 

Are you able to ring your friends at all? Is there a dial tone when you ring them? 

Have you also been in touch with NOW TV as it may be something on their end that could be the issue. 

Please do let us know, 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ElbuntosDad
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response.

Yes we can ring our friends and we get a standard ring tone. We can speak to them without any problem.

Just got them to try again. When they ring us it just "makes a beep" then the line goes dead. 

I have been in touch with NOW TV who have checked their connection and can find nothing wrong.

Hope this helps

Phillip Robson

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ElbuntosDad,

Thank you for getting back to us about this. 

I'm sorry to hear that your issue is still ongoing even though you've been in contact with your current provider.

Unfortunately, at this point, there is nothing more we can advise as you are no longer a customer with us and your number has been fully ported over to your new provider. It would be up to NOW TV to get in touch with us to see if there has been an issue with the porting.

Apologies that I cannot help you further at the moment. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos