Menu
Jesspals
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home phone problem

Home phone is operational i.e. line is working, but there is no sound from the ringer, so I do not know when someone is calling me. After being in touch with VM for over an hour, the call was disconnected by them. I am a vulnerable customer and this has been an issue for 6 months.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone problem

Hi there @Jesspals

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our forums; I was sorry that you've been having an issue with your landline for 6months with no help as yet; I can only apologise about any delay getting you the help you need. 

You advise in your post that your line is working but no sound from ringer - can you explain what you mean? Are you able to make calls ok? What happens when someone calls you - I understand that it does not ring, but if you know someone is calling, can you answer and connect? 

I have located the account from your forum information and can see that you have the landline that goes via your broadband hub; can you confirm the handset is plugged into the back of the Hub for us?

It looks like we have already gone through some line checks with you earlier today and there is currently no fault showing and we have asked you to try another handset for us if possible (You can also test your handset in a friend or neighbours line if that is easier) This will help us identify if the issue is with the Hub or the handset. 

Please do let us know about the socket and when you have tested an alternative handset and we can from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos