Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home phone number problem

Since moving back to Virgin in February I’ve been trying to change my home phone from the temporary one to the old number - I’ve tried writing, e mailing, live chat, ringing them but they don’t seem interested- I now regret moving to Virgin but would still like my old number back - any ideas how to move this problem forward?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone number problem

Hi there @Ianj158

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post on our forums. We also welcome you to our Virgin Media family but are sorry to understand that you're having issues with a number change. 

I have been able to locate your account from your forum information and it sounds like you were looking to bring a number with you from another provider? Is that correct? 

When porting another number to a new provider - that number must remain active with the current provider. It cannot be disconnected or have any orders to disconnect linked to it. If it is disconnected or booked to be disconnected, any request we make for the number from your old provider will be automatically rejected. 

If the number is still active with your old provider, we can request this to be ported to us. This process takes around 10 days. 

If your number is no longer active, then unfortunately there is nothing we can do as your currently provider. You would need to speak with your old provider; they can check if they own the number or if it has returned to another donor. If they do have it, you can request that they activate the line for you so we can request it from them. 

Hope that explains the process a bit for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but the number was requested to be transferred from Sky to Virgin in February I fact I received a letter from Sky to this effect. It was Virgin who messed this transfer up and had the number cancelled. I still believe the problem was caused by Virgin bringing the installation date forward by just over two weeks. I was told by a member of the sales team that it would take up to 7 days to transfer the number, it is usually same day or overnight. The next thing I know the old number was cancelled- Virgin haven’t been at all helpful in fact they don’t care about customers- worst customer care I’ve ever experienced 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry for the experience you've reported, Ianj158.

Please can I ask how you'd like us to help moving forwards?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lee, thanks for the post, it’s the first time since February anyone from Virgin has had the courtesy to answer any communication. All I want is for someone to take control of the problem and arrange for my home phone number I’ve had for 35 years to be restored- how hard can it be for this to happen. I can’t put into words how bad Virgin Media customer service is but I would be very much in your debt if you could help me - regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We do apologise about your experience here @Ianj158 and I am sorry to understand that there were some issues with your installation. 

However, if the number is no longer active with your old provided, then we will be unable to request this from them as I advised in my initial reply last week. This is not something that we can assist you with I'm afraid. The number does not belong to us. You would need to contact the owner of the number (usually your old provider - possibly another donor like BT) to request that the number is activated. Once activated, we can then request the number on your behalf. 

Once again, I am sorry that we're unable to get this number for you in the current circumstances. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos