Menu
Woodyuk71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone number porting

Hi need help with this...when I signed up online to virgin I asked for the home phone number to be ported from talk talk, on the day of installation the engineer said it was in the process but not yet complete and if still not happened after 4 days to call and complain...after the 4 days I called and spoke with a lady who took the details again and informed me that it would take 21 days , which passed last week...and still had not ported!! I’m due to close my talk talk account in 21 days and I don’t want too loose the number...can anybody help??!!??

0 Kudos
goslow
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone number porting

Have a look at message #2 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Number-Porting-Help/td-p/4006146

which I believe explains the requirements for porting your old number (namely the number must still be active with your old provider and not have any disconnection request on it).

The VM forum team should be able to advise on your particular situation by looking up your account info. They can take upto a week to reply but usually answer within a few days.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Woodyuk71

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the number port issue. It can take up to 10 working days to port this and we do need to ensure the number is active still otherwise we'll not be able to port it.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Woodyuk71

Thanks for joining me on PM

Just to update the thread, the number port has been booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"