Menu
Daliksheppy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone number change

• Our home phone number changed when we got a new broadband box installed. The engineer said we could get our old number back and rang someone about it on the day but it still hasn't changed. Is there anyone who can help to port the number over?

Previous number was also with virgin media, so shouldn't be an issue with it being shut down. 

0 Kudos
Daliksheppy
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone number change

Update:

It turns out I can ring my mobile from the home phone and the number that comes up is the correct number, but when I ring the home phone from my mobile it doesn't ring and I get a dead continuous tone.

So the number has been ported over, the home phone just can't receive calls. Any ideas? The service status phone test says everything is working.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daliksheppy

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the phone issues. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Daliksheppy

Thanks for joining me on PM. I've raised a work order for this to our faults management team, they'll be in touch with you soon. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos