Menu
JDF
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

My home phone has not been working now for about 5 days.  When I try to use it, there is no signal sound from the handset but there is a fresh air sound.  I have done a service check which comes saying it is inconclusive which tells me very little.  Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working

Hi JDF

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your landline for around 5 days. 

Can you please confirm that the cables leading in to the handset are secure and without damage?

If possible, are you also able to test a different handset to see if you have the same issue?

Please let me know how you get on. 

Nat
0 Kudos
JDF
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cables seem to be fine but unfortunately I don’t have a different handset to test it. I keep doing a service test which keeps saying it’s inconclusive, would that have anything to do with it. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDF,

I would like to look further into this for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

JDF
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

I don't think I've had an invite to a private chat and can see no purple envelope to click.

JDF

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there JDF,

When you pick up the phone, is there a dial tone or anything at all or that fresh air sound? Any crackling noises and can you try a different wall socket if you have one?

I ask because I've checked the routing of your telephone line details and it all looks fine so I'm trying to see if it's equipment inside the home or outside.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
JDF
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My home phone is still not working and I’ve not heard back from anyone since Sunday. Any help much appreciated, as I’d like to phone family over Christmas. 

JDF

0 Kudos