Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

My landline has not worked properly for about 3 weeks now.  At first, it was completely dead - no dial tone and nobody could ring in or out.  After a few days, it started working intermittently but there is so much noise on the line that we can't hear what people are saying.  At the moment, we can ring out but nobody can ring us and the crackling noise is ongoing.

I've run the suggested tests (checking cable connections, different handset, etc) but it makes no difference.  I have run the online test numerous times and every time it says the results are inconclusive and gives a phone number to ring.  I have tried ringing several times, only to get a recorded message that the call centres are closed due to coronavirus.  Yesterday, I tried again and seemed to be in the queue to speak to someone but after one hour on hold, the call got cut off.  

It seems to be impossible to make any progress with sorting this out and all this time we have had no working landline.  Could somebody please contact me and advise on how this problem can be sorted out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working

Hi Cag_63, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry to hear you've had some landline issues the past few weeks, this isn't good. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and think it's best we send an engineer, therefore I've booked the next available visit we have. 

You can find details of the visit via your online account and if it doesn't suit you can change it from there. You'll also need to make sure somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Please let us know how things go with the visit. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Somebody was meant to call yesterday between 4 & 7 but nobody came.  The phone is still not working properly.  Please could you arrange for an engineer to come and sort this out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cag_63, thanks for the reply and sorry to hear that the engineer has not arrived, sometimes faults such as these will be fixed via the cabinet. Do you have another handset you can try to see if you are getting the same issue? Have you tried to use the handset today? Chris 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have just tried making a call and someone has rung me and it seems to be working now.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI cag_63, thanks for the message and glad to hear that things are now resolved. Please let us know if you need anything further ^Chris

0 Kudos