Menu
Chamment
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

I received a replacement hub3 today, as a result of having persistently slow broadband speeds, but now my home phone does not work - no dial tone. I reconnected the old hub but still have no dial tone on the home phone. Tried calling VM but lines are closed. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try to get it working? I have already rebooted the hub but this didn’t work. Website says there are no outages in the area.

0 Kudos
Rds261189
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working

Hi

I had this problem and I'm afraid only virgin can enable the telephone port at their end.  It's a case of phoning 0345-454-1111 from a mobile and it may bring up option of a new quickstart package has been sent and to activate press 1 once you confirm your account or home phone number on the automated service.  If it don't give you that message then you will need to speak to faults but I would definitely phone that number and they will send signals if it mentions about activating the equipment then your phone service will work.

Hope this helps

R SCOTT
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Chamment

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry to understand that you had some issues with your landline after getting a replacement Hub delivered. I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and can see that a technician was initially booked for this issue but has subsequently been cancelled after being contacted by the account holder. 

Everything is looking to be provisioned correctly from this end and I do hope that things are back up and running for you at home also; If you are indeed still having any issues please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help you out

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chamment
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s working now thanks. I had an engineer booked but then lost internet For about 15 mins briefly the day before they were due ( I assume you did something remotely) and it started working after that. I then cancelled the visit.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back with your update and advising us @Chamment. Not only does this help us but also other community members who may have experienced a similar issue. 

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well. Stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos