Menu
gkoutroukis
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working

My home phone line is not working for two days now. When someone calls they hear that it is calling until someone says that I am not available but my phone doesn't ring and there is no dial tone either. So I can't receive nor make any calls.

How do I get in touch with someone please?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working

Hi gkoutroukis,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our  and welcome back, I am sorry to hear your phone line isn't working, have you unplugged everything from the phone socket, this includes extensions and filters and just plug the phone directly into the socket, can you also try a different handset just to rule this out.

I have checked thing our end and cannot see any issues at all, please do all above checks, if we send a technician and it is any of your equipment which is at fault you may be charged a £99.00 call out fee.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gkoutroukis
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Paul

The phone is directly connected to the socket, I have unplugged it and plugged it again but still not working.

I have no other phone device to check if the fault is with the telephone itself. When I call from my mobile, it is ringing but the my home phone is silent. Is that any indication?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It could be your phone, what type of phone is it, is it a standard phone or is it a powered phone, if its powered is there any lights on the phone?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gkoutroukis
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what is the difference. It is a cheap simple telephone device which I've had for years. It does have a red light which is flashing when the phone is ringing and it's not flashing now 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

definitely sounds like it may be the handset, I don't want you to go down the technician route if it is indeed the phone, not only is it a wasted technician trip its also a potential £99.00 charge for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gkoutroukis
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paul

I tried a new telephone device and it is still not working. I noticed that when I am calling from my mobile the red light in both the old and new device is flashing but there is no ringing (although in my mobile it sounds like it is calling) and there is no dial tone, so basically it's dead.

It looks like the problem it's not the device after all since the new one is not ringing either.

Please advice what I should do next

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gkoutroukis

I've managed to look into your account and have gone through a flow to determine if this can be fixed

We've come to the conclusion that you will need an engineer to visit your property

I've dropped you a PM to advise you of when this will take place and if you need to alter this, feel free to come back to me

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos