Menu
Mike9299
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working in or out

Sent complaint message twice yesterday asking for an engineer visit but  no acknowledgement. Am desperate with no phone in or out for 10 days and intermittent usage and varying problems for 5 weeks.

Ringing tone from outside call but total silence at this end. Suspect gradual water ingress or outside box connections. Installation of this line 15 years ago; no previous problems. Please help as cannot phone and unsure if complaint message has got through.

0 Kudos
Mike9299
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working in or out

Have now waited 3 days for a response to an urgent situation.  Tried initially twice via your complaints form but 'submit' didn't work. Landline has been completely down for 2 weeks now and intermittent 4 weeks prior to that.  I cannot phone my doctor (I'm 80) nor anyone else nor receive calls, nor do  banking and my only other form of communication is the internet.

This is, I'm sure, a cable, outside connection or master socket fault. I'm now quite desperate and cannot understand why my post above has been ignored in favour of similar, but later ones.  Please contact a.s.a.p. and organise an engineer as my health is suffering.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum @Mike9299 and sorry to hear about your landline and that we have not managed to arrange for it to be looked at sooner for you.

Using the information we have on here, I've found your details and have arranged for an engineer visit to look at the fault. It sounds like a physical issue as I've checked the routing (just in case) and there are no issues there. Please check your online account for details and you may re-arrange the appointment to a more suitable date.

Do let us know how it goes as we wouldn't want you to suffer any longer without your landline with regards to your health.

Thanks,

Lisa 

0 Kudos
Mike9299
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE.

Engineer duly arrived early on Monday and did a good job, re-routing outside cabling and master socket. All now working well, and quite a relief.

However, I was surprised and concerned, as I still am because fairly close contact was necessarily incurred, that he didn't wear a mask at any time inside or out.  My wife consequently opened all doors and windows despite the damp, sub 10 degree temperature.

I find it hard to believe that a big company like Virgin doesn't have a mandatory mask policy for technicians visiting countless homes.  Maybe I should have asked at the time, but things are somewhat fraught and confusing in these situations and at my age.  Should the onus be on the householder in this day and age?   Covid 19 risk should surely be minimised.  I wore my mask, but I wasn't similarly protected!

0 Kudos