Menu
Aggers100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not ringing

• Hi All

Since I moved home an had a new cable installed my him phone does not work. The engineer who installed the cable said it would take a few days to connect. Well 2 months later still no joy. 

Called CS to be told there are no faults and it's my phones that don't work. I know that's not right as I tried them in my neighbours line and they work.just fine. 

Today I ourchased new home phones. Still no joy.

I can ring out but no ringing in. I tried CS again to be told there are no faults with the line so there is nothing I can do and I need to get new phones again. Looking in here it appears a black dongle between the router and the phone will.fix the job.

CS know nothing about this and saidni would.have to talk to an engineer. But as no fault on the line I would have to pay the £99 call out fee. This I do no want to do. So if anybody.knows where I can get a dongle from I would work appreciate it. 

Many thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not ringing

Hi Aggers100,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline, I've not been able to locate any details for you, so I've popped you over a private message so I'm able to take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos