Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not ringing

My landline phone, nor the cordless phone are ringing.  The phone is connected via a wall socket and I have a ring tone and can make outgoing calls.

Have tried my neighbours working phone, but that doesn't ring either when plugged into my socket.  Being on 150 for ages and have run the online tests, but it keeps saying the line is in use/engaged when its very clearly not.  Really need this land line to receive calls, so any help greatly received. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not ringing

Hi 49Chainsaw, thanks for contacting us regarding the issues which you are having with the landline and we want to ensure that this is resolved for you. Can you confirm if a fault test has been done online via the online account? If so, what were the results? - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not ringing

Chris, 

Line test was showing line engaged, which it wasn't. Virgin then told me that due to other people with the same issue an engineer would sort this on Saturday night. This was done, but the problem came back yesterday after the storm on Sat/Sun which also caused a power outage. VM then text me to say an engineer would be around today. Nobody has called but the fault has gone. Ex BT engineer, down the road said it was probably a "high resistance" issue.

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Ross

0 Kudos