Menu
Tabitha12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home phone issue

Hi

Really hoping someone can help please. I've looked all over help sections and other forums but struggling to find the answer.

Purchased an amazon dect phone. Connected it to openreach bt phone socket. The phone had a dial tone but when tried to make calls kept saying the number had not been recognised (although it was definitely a real number).

Thereafter we tried connecting it to the hub, we purchased an adapter to connect the phone wire to the hub, but when tried to use there is no dial tone and can't make calls.
I've also looked back at correspondence and struggling to find my virgin phone number. 

Virgin contact email isn't accepting emails and I can't find the live chat option. 

Tried phoning but says I need an engineer to attend which trying to avoid as we are self isolating.

Is there anything I'm missing/anything I can do to get the phone working myself please? Even if I need to order some kind of home installation kit? 

Any guidance is hugely appreciated. 

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
AlexanderMTTH
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone issue

Hi Tabitha12, 

OpeanReach (BT) is a different infrastructure from Virgin Media. This means your landline number, if your contract with Virgin Media, might not work under the same socket. I'm not sure why you need an engineer, but I've checked on my account how you can find your number. If I'm wrong someone else might correct me. 

If you log into your VirginMedia Account, on the fourth tab you click "My Virgin Media" then "Go to my Bills" then "View Bill" and then "Download PDF". 

This will show you your most recent bill. There on the second page, you would see your phone number. 

Hope this helps. I struggled to find my landline number at one point as well. I know how frustrating this is. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
Tabitha12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexander

Thank you so much for your response. 

I called virgin and went through all the options to explain the problem, the automated response was that I would need an engineer to come out to fix it but I'm trying to avoid that. Do you know how I can get in touch with someone at virgin direct?

I can't seem to locate my phone no via that method but that maybe because I'm on a mobile. I will try via another mode. Thanks 

Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tabitha12,

The only other two ways other then phoning VM would be either (1) ask a member of the VM team  to PM you on this forum or (2)  text message only service via: 07533051809.

I've done both but haven't received a PM message as of yet from VM so used the text service earlier today. You can use your account number instead of home number for them to trace your account details.It's a pretty automated service until they put you in contact with the right person/team.

Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Tabitha12
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fatboyslim888

Thank you so much for your message. That's really useful and I will give both methods a try.

Good luck with your query too. 

AlexanderMTTH
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tabitha12

Just checking up.
How did this go? It's been two weeks now.
Was wondering if you're sorted now?

Take care. Stay safe.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos