Menu
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone is forwarding any mobile which is connected to the wifi

Well, I don't want incoming calls to redirect to mobiles that are on my wifi

My parents have had virgin media for years and landline calls do not redirect to mobiles on the wifi.

Please can I have my number changed or a hub sent out that does not redirect to mobiles.

I know that it is redirected as it displays withheld number on the mobiles and it has the same issue as landline calls and redirects even when the phones completely unplugged. I have given my landline number out to noone.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 22 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Very unusual set of issues. Bit confusing to work out and understand all of the info.

Have you ever been able to intercept an incoming call on the landline quickly and pick up the call on the landline handset before it redirects to your mobile?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @iamscotty

I am sorry that you're still having this very unusual issue. I have located your account and can see that this is still with our back office team under investigation.

As our Community have mentioned above, WiFi Calling isn't an option within the Hub directly; it's unclear how your landline is diverting to your mobiles that are connected to your home WiFi and as such this is still being looked into for you. We can confirm that you do not have any Divert Features activated on your line apart from Voicemail. 

At the moment, we do not have an estimated fix time but I shall note your account to request any updates ASAP. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Are we any further with it please?

My phone has been ringing almost none stop between 9:30pm and 10.30pm

1 or 2 rings then dead.

Please can i just get my number changed or another solution as i cant deal with this any more.

My mental health is suffering due to the constant ringing 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Now up to 25 new calls. 

This is driving me insane

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 26 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Have you got an answering machine at home (either built into your home landline phone or a separate device)?

If so, can you set it up to immediately answer the landline when a call comes in (no ringing before the answering machine immediately picks up)? Most can also be put into an announcement only mode so as not to record messages.

If you can intercept the landline calls on first ring, that might prevent them going to VM voicemail or diverting to your mobile. Set all the landline ringers to silent.

Suspect only VM will be able to resolve the issue for you but the time they take to do that could be as long as a piece of string. If you can find a workaround in the meantime it might help by temporarily sending the calls into a dead end which you won't have to hear or deal with.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 50
Flag for a moderator

I have no answer phone.

If i mute the landline phone,it immediately redirects to my mobile. This stops once i unmute it.

Screenshot_20201109-230617_Phone.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi iamscotty,

We do certainly appreciate your frustration with this. This has been passed to the relevant team and they are investigating this. 

Sadly we don't have any further information concerning this at this point in time. We do ask you bear with us while this is being looked into. 

Our apologies again.

^Martin

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Virgin media rang me yesterday 14/11/2020 saying this issue is resolved.

It is clearly still not.

as of 2:20pm 15/11/2020 my phone is once again being bombarded by calls.

it is STILL calling my mobile as a redirect despite being told by your second line team otherwise

I want this fixed asap or I am going to be contacting ofcom to make a formal complaint. This is beyond a joke.

I want a refund for the past 2 months as I am not getting anywhere with this.

I am strongly considering canceling my phone line if is not resolved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 50
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service and will send you a private message to get this looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos