Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Home phone installation

Hi,

I ordered a home Virgin phone landline contract.  The status on my account page shows that this is active, but when I connect the phone to my Virgin router there is no dial tone.  I did not receive any cable from Virgin so just connected the cable that came with the phone to the router.  Is there any special cable required to connect the router to the phone base unit?  The cable I am using is the standard ADSL cable that fits the router and my phone.   My phone unit keeps saying 'check phone line' and appears there is no connection.

Grateful if you can advise.

Thanks,

Mahmud.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone installation

Hi mahmudp_123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies for any issues with this.

Have you tried connecting the landline into a phone socket instead of the router?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Martin.

Yes I've tried connecting it to the phone box as well but no joy.  It keeps saying to check the phone line and there is no dial tone... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need an RJ11 to BT adapter which you plug into the TEL 1 port of your hub. VM should supply this to you if you get landline from the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for clarifying.   How can I order this with virgin, I don’t believe they sent it with the router and they don’t have any telephone number to contact them during these times.  

mahmud.  

0 Kudos