cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone gone dead - vulnerable customer

Teej100
Tuning in

My Dads home phone suddenly went dead yesterday. It was recently changed to be connected through the router. There is no adapter like the one we have at another address. But it did work until yesterday, friday.

I told the engineer that there is a home emergency box that must still work and always be connected for my Dad's safety.

I have had multiple calls with tech, tests, rebooted router and even bought a new phone. The issue is still the same. The phone is dead when you pick up the handset and engaged when you call it.

We need it fixed a.s.a.p for his safety. An engineer has to come out. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Teej100
Tuning in

Dad just called and the phone is working again. Must have been a technical issue on the network that has thankfully been rectified. Will take the new phone back to the shop tomorrow. 

Hi @Teej100 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I was sorry to read about your Dad's phone not working but glad it was just a blip. Due to the vulnerability, I will send you a PM to ensure we have the account properly flagged and an adapter sent out as well.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you. We need to make sure the phone service stays on so will have to look for other options that can provide more security and assurances that the service will work. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, T.

Sorry as John has had some technical issues in getting back to you and I'm here to help on his behalf, hope that's ok.

I am Adri from the forum team, by the way. 🙂

Thanks for sharing the account info above, can I please just get your full first name too, so we can proceed?

Also, we'd require your answers to the below security questions:

What's the contact email address that's registered on the account?

What was the total value of your last monthly bill?

What date does your Direct Debit payment usually come out each month?

so we can access the account and help, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs