cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone fibre switchover - no letter received

Rich59
On our wavelength

I've had an email telling me that my home phone will be switched to fibre on August 14th. It is linked to an alarm system. I have contacted the alarm company and booked a technician to upgrade it to be compatible with the new phone.The email told me to then phone 150 to be told what to do next. I had a 45 minute conversation with someone at a call centre who clearly wasn't conversant with it and seemed to be reading from a script. I finally managed to get them to send an appointment date. I see from the VM website that I should have received a letter explaining everything but ,so far, I haven't.

I have some key questions such as, what equipment I need, where the phone will be installed, will I keep my number, will I need a new hub etc etc. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rich59

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

To my knowledge we don't send a letter, however all the information and our FAQs are on our website.

I have included a helpful link here for you to the information. 

You will need to have a Hub 3, 4 or 5 to be compatible. 

If you have an engineer visit scheduled to relocate the phone, the engineer will discuss where you want this etc during the visit. 

You will keep the same number yes 🙂

If you do have any further questions, please pop back to us here and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rich59

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

To my knowledge we don't send a letter, however all the information and our FAQs are on our website.

I have included a helpful link here for you to the information. 

You will need to have a Hub 3, 4 or 5 to be compatible. 

If you have an engineer visit scheduled to relocate the phone, the engineer will discuss where you want this etc during the visit. 

You will keep the same number yes 🙂

If you do have any further questions, please pop back to us here and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Rich59
On our wavelength

Vikki, Thank you for your reply. Will I need a new hub? All the connections on ours are taken by extenders/smart tv etc Would the visiting engineer carry any additional equipment that might be necessary eg cables of appropriate length etc?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The engineer will be booked under a specific code which highlights what they are there to do - with that, any equipment needed 🙂 They will 100% be able to clear up anything that is needed.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Rich59
On our wavelength

Ryan,

Thank you for that 

Richard.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Absolutely no problem at all, Richard.