Menu
Steve19592
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Home phone fault

I have no dial tone on my landline, it cut off while I was on it this afternoon.

My wife has cancer, just had chemo. I need the phone to call Drs hospital and other help, we are shielding to protect her.

I ran all the test and then phoned, waited over 30min first time, had to hang up to care for my wife, second time waited 1 hr again had to give up to care for wife, my mobile also with virgin does not work in the house I have to walk 100yd up the road to make it work.

Help help please

Number [REMOVED]

Steve

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone fault

Good morning @Steve19592 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your dial tone, If you haven't  had this resolved yet, I would be more than able to assist you?  It will require an engineer visit to put right. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Steve19592
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak,

Yesterday morning the phone started working again. I have tested it again today and it is working.

Thank you for your help, I didnt know how to solve the problem and the phone is so important to us due to my wife cancer.

Best 

Steve

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear things are back up and running. 

Take care. 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Steve19592
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak.

I hope you can still help, the landline dail tone has gone again.

I did the test, fault could not be found.

When someone rings in it says " there is a temporary fault"

Next week we have several medical phone appointment for my wife's cancer. It is vital we have a reliable landline phone as our mobile (also virgin) don't work in the or around the house.

Hope you can help

Steve

0 Kudos
Steve19592
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi zak,

When I rang customer service just now they said the knew about the fault and where working on it (recorded massage)

Hope it stays fixed this time.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Steve19592

Sorry to hear that you are still having some issues, are you able to let me know how things are looking since your post yesterday? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Steve19592
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak.

Unfortunately it's still not working, I did get thou to customer service this morning (15min wait).

They can't say what's going on no update about fault, and "the system flashes between area fault and no fault".

They have flaged the account as priority due to my wife's cancer and say they would contact back within 4hrs.

That's was at 9am.

We must have the phone back for medical appointment by phone for my wife this week and in case we need help for her.

This has been going on since Wed, at least. Dr that have tried to contact us say.

Steve

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

If you haven't heard anything back from them by 13.00 then please do let me know and I will pick this up and see what I can do. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos