Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone disconnected for days every time there is a short powercut

This is not about my own Virgin account but that of my elderly parents. My parents keep getting very stressed (especially in the current circumstances) that there have been some recent short powercuts in their area and every time it happens their Virgin home phone then doesn't work (even after power is restored) unless they contact Virgin to log the issue and then a few days later the phone comes back on. Does anyone else have such an issue or can the Virgin team please try to get a longer term fix to the problem? It should not be the case that every time there is a short powercut for a few seconds or minutes in their area this leads to the home phone service being off for days. If anyone has a way to resolve this it would be most welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone disconnected for days every time there is a short powercut

Hi JoeH1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your parents have been experiencing issues with the phoneline.

We would suggest you contacting us if the issue happens again, then we would be able to diagnose what the problem may be.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but is had happened four times in the last month and is happening right now. They have no working home phone line right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know it's currently ongoing JoeH1.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you to help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos