Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone dead

Last Thursday, 30th August - we had a loss of broadband and phone. At aroung 1.30 pm the broadband came back up and worked ok, but the phone line remained dead, and it is still dead today 1st August. The status report on Virgin we page shows no known issues. I have run the test but it reports inconclusive.

The symptoms are no dial tone. I have tried connecting a different phone but the line remained dead. Yesterday I managed to speak to someone using my mobile on 03330003101 number, but they couldn't help, and have passed the problem to another team who are supposed to be calling my within 48 hours. Due to language and accent difficulties with the operator I am not at all sure if this problem has been registered correctly. How can I check this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone dead

Hey Terry_L,

Sorry to hear about your landline not working 😞 I've had a look at your details and can see that you've spoken to an agent since you posted and that an engineer has been arranged to take a look. Please let us know how the visit goes and if you experience anymore issues with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa
Thanks for your response. An engineer arrived yesterday morning (4th Aug) and carried out tests. He concluded that the length of cable running from the connection box on the outside wall, to the point of entry to the building (some 20ft or more) had degraded to the point that the signal was now too weak. He replaced this cable, but it did not seem to clear the problem. He ran out of his alloted time at this point so arranged for another engineer to attend later same day. He arrived late afternoon and decided that the connecting cable from the new external piece, to the actual telephone wall socket indoors, should also be replaced.
He did this and managed to get the line working once more - yipee!!
Thanks again for your response to this prob.
terry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terry_L

Thanks for letting us know its all fixed albeit after 2 appointments

I will make sure Lisa knows its sorted as well

If you do need anything else, were only a new post away