cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone charge

Wilts1
Joining in

We have had a landline phone with virgin for some years. 

Last Thursday (9th December) we had to call in an engineer as the line was not working. 

He arrived promptly, but that was the only positive. The pressurising sales pitch which he gave was not what we expect from an 'engineer' who we thought was here to carry out a technical task. He did not spend long with the land line, quickly saying it is beyond repair. With that he plugged the phone into our broadband router, did some quick checks then carried on with the sales pitch, to refer friends, give him a good review etc. 

Our phone is working, however our bill has suddenly increased describing 'package changes'. There was no mention of this during the visit. 

Could this please be explained, and the bill corrected, if not we will refer this to the regulator. 

4 REPLIES 4

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

You’ll need to give them a call on 150 regarding this. Changing your phoneline from TDM to 21Cv would not effect your package price hence why the tech hasn’t mentioned anything to you. 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Wilts1 wrote:

<snip>

Our phone is working, however our bill has suddenly increased describing 'package changes'. There was no mention of this during the visit. 

Could this please be explained, and the bill corrected, if not we will refer this to the regulator. 

Switching the phone to a connection from the hub should not change your package.

Interestingly, I have just read another topic about someone with an unexplained package change here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unauthorised-account-package-change...

Someone from the forum team should respond in a day or two to advise and assist.

@MatthewS1993 wrote:

You’ll need to give them a call on 150 regarding this. Changing your phoneline from TDM to 21Cv would not effect your package price hence why the tech hasn’t mentioned anything to you. 

I think the contents of your signature might reflect 'the sales pitch, to refer friends, give him a good review etc.' which the OP was objecting to!

If you are posting in a personal capacity to help out, which is to be welcomed, then you should consider modifying your signature because no ordinary VM customers on here have a way to validate your employment with VM without the VM logo and 'Forum Team' identifier against your name.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wilts1

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened and as the community has stated, the "!CV line should not effect your package price. 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, I'll send you a PM now so we can check this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.