cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone and VM Hub

December1949
On our wavelength

I unplugged my landline phone five years ago after being fed up with constant scam calls. I haven't used it since.

Now we are being moved from a landline to being plugged into the router. As I have no desire to reconnect my 'landline' am I able to totally ignore the adapter etc that VM are going send me and just carry on as I have done for last five years and use my mobile only?

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can. You can always plug a phone into the hub temporarily to call Virgin for free, as 150 still works on the hub based lines.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi December1949,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, as you have advised you do not use or wish to use our phoneline, please keep the adaptor to one side and if you decide to use the line in the future you can. If needed you can find out everything you need to know about our Landline Switchover here.

Regards

Paul.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You don't need to use the VM landline but, when the switchover is completed, it would be worth checking that the line is actually working and the transfer has completed with your correct phone number. It is also worth checking the line periodically after switchover (even if you don't use it) to make sure it is working correctly.

This is because lines with a fault, or which are never used/checked, do feature quite often in topics on here about 'phantom call' charges (where the customer gets billed for calls they have not made). If the line is never checked, the customer has no way of knowing when a problem might have occurred. Resolving phantom call charges with VM can often be a time-consuming administrative process.