cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone VIOP changeover

ejehoward
Tuning in

I have been notified that my phone will be changed over, At present my phone base unit is in the hall and my router is in the lounge as it is connected to the tv by an Ethernet cable. I am not prepared to move either to connect my phone to the router, how do I get this organised. Will Virgin run additional cable.

I would be grateful for any advise.

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ejehoward,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We can arrange for extensions to be added to your home but the base unit of your phone would need to be plugged into your hub.

Regards,

Steven_L

The reason I want the base unit in the entrance hall is so that it is easy to see if any messages have been left on my answerphone when I come in the door the proposed solution would not be convenient for me. 

If virgin can’t do that I suppose the simplest solution would be to change my landline provider and cancel the landline with virgin.

I know that I am not the only person with this problem, my neighbour had an identical problem and I know of other people who have cancelled their landline with Virgin because of it.

Thanks for the reply anyway 

Thanks for coming back to us @ejehoward.

We would advise that if you were to change provider for the landline services, they would need to eventually run the service through the router as the switch over is an industry wide action that's due to be completed by approximately 2025.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn