cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone STILL not working...

Pwarbi
Joining in

3rd time lucky...After 2 attempts to get this working I'll try again, I STILL can't receive incoming calls on my landline after the phone line switching over. I've had 2 engineers come to the property to double check everything is connected correctly. They have double checked that the line is active and the migration and port went through OK and they have been told there is no problem. I can dial out and the phone number comes up correctly. When I dial the home phone I just get a message saying I've dialled an incorrect number.

This is heading into over 2 weeks now and my problem isn't being fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions...

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pwarbi, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I understand you have been switched over onto a digital set up recently, which is when this issue occurred. 

You have no issues calling out from your landline, but when you or someone else calls in, a error message states "You have dialled an incorrect number". 

Can I ask if the landline is plugged into the Hub with the adapter correctly and tightly? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Yes it is. A virgin engineer came out and checked all the connections and also made sure that the migration had gone through and he was told it had. Before he left I had no outgoing or incoming calls and no dialling tone. When he left I had the dialling tone and was able to make outgoing calls so he said it might just take a few more days. A few more days have been and gone and I still cant receive calls... 

Thanks for explaining that for me Pwarbi, 

I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you, I'll send over a private message now 😊

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Pwarbi, 

Thanks so much for chatting with me in our private messages, I am really glad we managed to get your landline issue sorted along with getting you access to your Online Account! 

You've been amazing to work with and I really did appreciate your patience 🤩 

If you need any help in future, please reach out to us again and we will be happy to assist!

Have a wonderful weekend. 

Thanks,

Megan_L