Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Home number porting

Hi,

I am resorting to this forum, in the hope of a successful outcome, after numerous failed attempts to have my previous telephone number ported across from my old provider; via phone calls with lengthy waiting times

It has now been two months since I opened my VM account & my original phone number has not yet been ported across.  I was told a number of weeks ago that VM would follow up again with my old provider and that I would be informed of the outcome within four working days.  I still await a response.

I would be grateful if someone from the number porting team could respond.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home number porting

Hi minto2k, welcome to the forums. 

Can you confirm if the phone line is still active with the previous supplier? 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding.  It was active for around 9 days, after my VM contract started, but the porting did not complete.  I have been calling the number on a daily basis to check if it has ported.  It has been dead each time, so I am assuming that it has not been allocated to a new user.

Anything you can do would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi minto2K, 

Thanks for confirming. 

We do need the number to remain active in order for us to complete the number port, otherwise we're unable to complete the number port.  I am really sorry if this was not previously explained to you. 

Can you confirm if you've heard from our team since your post? If not I have sent you a private message so we can check your account from our end and assist you further 🙂 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hetty,

The number remained active with my old provider for around 9 days after my VM broadband connection occurred, which I was led to believe would be a sufficient time frame to allow the porting process to complete.  It later transpired that an administrative error on VM's part, (one of the digits was input incorrectly to the number porting submission) meant that the process was unsuccessful & my old contract with my previous provider came to an end.

I will pick this up further with you on the DM.  

Many thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hetty,

Just to follow up on this, I have been unable to respond to the DM.  The following message appears:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I have never sent a private message, so not sure what the issue is.  Is there a workaround...

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought it would be useful to post an update...

My number has finally been ported, thanks to the efforts of Hetty & Chris.  I just wish I had used this forum much sooner, as the traditional customer service route has clearly not worked for me in this instance.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi minto2k 

We are glad that we could get this resolved for you ^Chris 

0 Kudos