Menu
sejmodha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home landline number porting

Hi There,

I am trying to get my existing VM landline number ported to Vodafone and they tell me that the VM is not realising my number and subsequently they are unable to process my order.

Can someone please help me with this? I am sure it should be straightforward considering that it is an active line that I am currently paying for.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sejmodha
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home landline number porting

Okay, so I have an update regarding this.

Apparently, my old address where I used to live 6 months ago is still linked to my account and VM has not updated my address on their system. Hence, every time a request for the number port has been sent there are discrepancies between addresses and VM is not able to release my landline number.

How do I go about it? VM services are not available at my new address hence not sure if the address on the system can be updated to my new address. What a mess!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions or can help to resolve this?

0 Kudos
sejmodha
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I am still struggling to get my head around this issue. 

Not only Vodafone but any other company is unable to help me with porting my number. See a screenshot from BT website that clearly states that my number cannot be transferred.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 17.54.18.png

I have been paying for this for 4 months to be able to transfer it over to my new address and VM has definitely done something to block it from being transferred. So disappointed at the horrible service provided by VM!! 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sejmodha, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had porting your number to another provider.

As far as I'm aware as long as the number is keep active there shouldn't be any reason why this can't be done. I'd like to take a further look into it and see what we can do to help. Please look out for my PM and get back to me with the requested details when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos