Menu
Lawrence_1OF7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Home Telephone Line off for a week

Last Monday 30/11/20  I discovered my telephone line was dead (NO RINGTONE). How long its been off I don't know, because for personal calls I use an 02 Mobile. But the last message I had was from the middle of October.

So I checked the Service Status incase of any outages.

Tried 2 other Telephone set and got the same results

Got my Neighbour to check the phones on his system, both working.

Dialed the 1111 number and went thru the dance. It (system) said I will check the line, I waited, waited and then it said the check/report was taking longer than it expected and I could phone back using 150 or dial my own number. I think the system believed it programming and everyone had a Virgin Mobile.

I waited 30-60 dialed 1111, did the dance and it said Oh it appears you have an outstanding line problem with us then went off to do a check/report, said it was taking too long etc, etc and hung up

Did this operation most days of the week, except the neighbour testing the phones bit. Same result

As well as checking on line to see if there was a real contact number i.e. a human voice to talk. Every link seems to go round in circles and avoid saying anything useful

Got a Twitter message to VM Corporate thinking they may be able to redirect me to a CONTACT

All I wanted was the REPORT information and some way to get an engineer 

But VMC had all done the roundabout courses and if truth be told a waste of time.

As I sat down to complete signing up for the Forum I received a courtesy call from Virgin about buying more stuff. So no more wondering why I'm extra P.O'ed with the service.

Yes I know we are in a Pandemic and they have limited staff. But I am a Type 2 Diabetic with a very damaged immune system and suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy in the feet legs and hands.

If you haven't got a Virgin telephone you can't contact VM

Someone, anyone! Can you provide information how I can get contact Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home Telephone Line off for a week

Afternoon @Lawrence_1OF7

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your landline and also with reporting the issue to us to get some help. 

The easiest way of doing this is via your online account; you can log in and do the self checks online without the need to call us. Usually, the checks will either advise of a known area issue, some more checks that need doing or will book you a technician. 

If you've not been able to go through the self-checks, the next stage would be to call us. You can call us on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or mobile or 03454541111 from any other line. For faults, you would need option 2 from the main menu and then option 3 for telephone faults. 

We also have an option to text us your issue - however, the text service is not immediate so should not be used if you need to contact us urgently. The number for cable text is 07533051809

From locating your account, I can see that you have attempted some checks via the self checks on the phone over the past few days but these were not completed - I am sorry about that. I have been through the checks from here for you and can confirm that a technician is indeed needed. 

I have booked one for you and you can check the date and time of the visit via your online account. You can also reschedule via your online account if the timeslot does not suit you.  If you have any issues with checking the visit, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lawrence_1OF7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie_WT

That's all I wanted someone to tell me there was a problem that need an Engineer and if I needed an Engineer how to get one. I knew all the standard number's and processes but without a Virgin 'Phone' it was impossible for me to get that information to make an informed decision. VMC didn't help the situation by doing the same question/processes I had already done, in fact they most probably caused more wasted time and effort. I won't say emotional anger because I have worked in large corporate environments and know they are just following scripts. So again Thank you. My landline has been important if just for the any NHS telephone calls about appointments etc. Most tend to use the mobile number, but some are restricted to landlines.

Lawrence

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tap876
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So pleased you eventually got some sort of response.  The message service is ineffective as I tried it for 3 days and sat by the tablet throughout the day.  I am awaiting a remote I bought from ebay as the installation engineer had run out and left me a remote that has hardly any buttons and not what I need to set up things.  As a newbie, it has made things unnecessarily difficult.  

0 Kudos
Lawrence_1OF7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The next step for me would have been to look for the CEO of Virgin's email. You know there will be a group of gophers that read the CEO email before they do, filter out the threats, demands etc. But your issue is usually at a higher level than the normal channels of Service Requests. Katie_WT appears to have fulfilled my request (Tell you after the Engineer has been out) so kudos to her.
0 Kudos
tap876
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

ABSOLUTELY, kudos to Katie.

As for CEO contact, I have tried but can't seems to find one.  I even responded to a welcome message from webteam@virgin media  that bounced back with the message

Recipient inbox full.

UNDERNEATH THAT IT SAID

Your message couldn't be delivered to webteam@virginmedia.com. Either their inbox is full or it's getting too much mail right now.

So it seems they can't cope with the customers they have but continue to sign up more.

0 Kudos
tap876
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lawrence, I will construct an email to one of them.  It has been so frustrating, they seem to have a good product and appalling service levels and, according to Trust Pilot, my experience is common and they get the lowest rating - one star.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @tap876

Is there anything we are able to assist you with today? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
tap876
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zak

Thank you so much for your offer of help and I do hope you will be able to do so as there is a list.

You may wish to send me a private message, to which I will respond, as my aim is to resolve these issues and not to make a public display of them. However, I would like you to maintain an audit trail for our purposes and Virgin Media’s own. I have not yet sent anything to the CEO.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I will do my best to assist you further. 

Please see my PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos