I did finally get through. The agent said she was getting an unknown line status and that she would have to transfer me to 2nd line.
She then said 2nd line are not working, so someone will call me back in 24-48 hours.
I asked for a fault ref number but she could not give me one and she would not take down the previous fault number, just said "if I need it I will ask for it". So no attempt to look at the prev fault and flag up that the issue has not been fixed.
Thanks for posting - I am sorry to hear about the issues with your landline service.
I have checked things from here and it's more than likely that the second line faults team will just arrange for an engineer to come out to your property, I'll be happy to book one in now, rather than having you wait to receive a call back from the team?