cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone not working, then internet went down, but not according to status report.

shaz4
Tuning in

My home phone stopped working yesterday, then today the internet went off for hours.  I don't have a mobile so couldn't contact Virgin.    Got someone to check Virgin status for me and the site said only TV was down and that internet and phone lines okay.   Obviously some missing info there.

Anyway, now my internet is back on, here I am reporting the problem.  NO PHONE!

(What's it going to be like for millions of folk without their landlines when the internet goes off, I wonder?)  

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @shaz4 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear you are facing an issue with your phone line, can I just confirm is the phone connected at the Hub or at a master socket in the wall? 

Hi Ashleigh, it's connected to the wall socket.   It hasn't worked all day,  completely silent.  Might have been broken since yesterday, I'm not sure.

My internet going on and off right now too.  KY area.

Thank you for popping back to me @shaz4 

Have you received any notice from us in regards to the phone line switching to a fibre connection? Have you received an adapter for this switch at all? 

I got the adaptor a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you @shaz4 I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

shaz4
Tuning in

Home phone still dead. 

shaz4
Tuning in

Can someone help me with my home phone?    I have no other way to contact virgin to check my fault other than here?  Home phone completely dead.  Internet working better today than it was yesteray.  

shaz4
Tuning in

When does Ashleigh log on?  She was supposed to be helping me, but she vanished after I gave all my details.   Can someone else help?    

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The forum exchange of messages can be a bit slow. It is not a real-time way to communicate with VM nor really a way for fault reporting.

If you can log into 'My Virgin Media' you may be able to run online tests there via the 'Service Status' link within MVM.

There is an automated free service status number you can try if you can borrow a phone 0800 561 0061

Similarly, if you can borrow a phone, the way to report a fault is by phoning in. This will also start the clock running for compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation